So a couple of weeks ago, I got to hang (literally) with the great folks behind Secret’s newest deodorant- Clinical Strength Stress Response, to put their newest formulation to the test as I participated in a workout that literally defied gravity.
There are three main causes of sweat, with stress sweat smelling the worst, because it comes from a different gland:
1. Sweat caused by heat or movement comes from the Eccrine glands, found all over your body and concentrated in your palms and soles of the feet, made up mostly all from water
2. Stress sweat also comes from the Apocrine glands, larger and concentrated in the underarms, which contains a much higher concentration of nutrients that bacteria feeds off of. More nutrients means more bacteria, and more bacteria causes the worst-smelling odor
- Secret research showed that women actually sweat on average 30 times more when stressed than resting
- New Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response has proprietary technology (BCD molecules) that actually traps and locks away odor to neutralize it and then releases a fresh scent, which is most important when protecting you from stress sweat since simply covering it up with fragrance can make you smell even worse
- Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response is proven 4X more effective at protecting stress-induced underarm wetness than a regular APDO
What good would a workout be, without putting the new deo to the test. Well, I’m happy to report that after high-flying, and being put in the spotlight, I was left smelling just as sweet as ever. Here are some more pics from the event:
You can get in on the new Secret Stress Response action, available in stores now.