Friends, family, esteemed readers, lend me your ears, as I once again extol the virtues of something so ingeniously simple to use, yet oh so necessary- Crest’s 3D Whitestrips.
Sure, you know that these things are pretty awesome to use before a big event, but do you also know how necessary these are for pearly white maintenance? One unfortunate fact that I’ve learned recently is that your teeth yellow naturally over time as we age (how nice, right?), due to the fact that the enamel that keeps them white to begin with’s slow thinning. As a smile-conscious, aging population, I think this cements our need for these handy dandy little strips, don’t you.
I’ve reviewed these strips before, and suffice it to say that they work. Now, in the spirit of all things whitening, I’ve enlisted the help of Dr Nancy Rosen, a NYC Cosmetic & Restorative Dentist to offer up her tips on maintaining your pearly whites. Nancy, take it away!
Maintain a Brighter, Whiter Smile All Year Long
• It’s All About Maintenance: I’m sure you’ve heard it before, but brushing and flossing daily and seeing a dental hygienist every 6 months for regular check-ups and cleanings is key when it comes to keeping your oral health up to par.
• Smile Bright: Many of my patients may not realize it, but if you’re not actively whitening your smile, you’re yellowing. I recommend Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips to patients who are looking for an at-home whitening treatment. Not only do they whiten 25X better than a leading whitening toothpaste!, but they remove over 10 years of set-in stains as well.
• Avoid Potential Stains: Once your teeth are whiter and brighter, avoid drinks and foods that may stain such as coffee, tea, red wine, berries, soy sauce, etc.
• Make Your Smile Pop: An old tip that I truly love is wearing lipstick with a blue undertone in it. The blue really helps the whiteness of your teeth stand out and your smile pop. Wearing bronzer on the apples of your cheeks also has the same effect.
• Drink H20: I always suggest drinking water throughout the day. Fluoridated tap water helps prevent tooth decay and keeps you hydrated!
Long story short, if you’re teeth aren’t getting whiter, they are unfortunately getting yellower. Combat an aging mouth with Crest’s 3D White lineup, today.